CapMan's year 2020
The year 2020 will go down in history as a year of contrasts, also for CapMan. Although the Covid-19 pandemic threw an unexpected curveball, we succeeded in growing our assets under management as well as our management fees, launching new products and creating value in our investments.
- Our assets under management reached a new record at €3.8 billion
- We raised over €800 million in new capital to our eight funds and mandates. The Nordic Real Estate III fund became the largest fund in CapMan’s history to date at €535 million, and the new growth fund, closed at €97 million, exceeded its original target size as well as the size of the previous fund.
- The profitability of our management fees and fees from services improved, and we made over ten new investments into our funds.
- Special Situation was established as a new investment area. The team invests in underperforming or non-core businesses and supports them through financial restructuring and operational turnaround.
- We successfully reorganised our investor-focused service offering. Our service business now includes CapMan Wealth Services, JAY Solutions and procurement service CaPS.
- The Board of Directors proposes 14 cents per share to be distributed as dividend and equity repayment for 2020. This would increase CapMan’s distribution to shareholders for eight consecutive years.