As an active and significant owner, we are committed to promoting responsible business practices in our portfolio companies and to conducting sustainable asset management of our real estate investments.
CapMan is a role model for its portfolio companies and consequently sustainability plays a key role also in CapMan’s own business operations.
Our investments, value creation efforts, exit processes and other business operations are conducted in accordance with our values:
Both value creation and asset management in our investments are based on active ownership, which focuses on long-term development. This includes monitoring and managing a wide range of financial and non-financial issues related to the performance of the companies and assets.
We have an entrepreneurial drive. We are hungry but humble and encourage continuous development and learning. We take a long-term objective and correct our course on the way to get there, if necessary.
Our operations are conducted with integrity and in a transparent manner. We are a reliable partner and responsible owner respecting all our stakeholders. We always consider the long-term impacts of our actions.
CapMan became a signatory of the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) in 2012. The guiding code is summarised as the following six principles:
- We will incorporate environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the principles.
CapMan strives to meet all Principles comprehensively in our investment activities and report on our activities to PRI on a yearly basis.
CapMan works to align investment activity with the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Alignment is primarily implemented on a fund level, where funds select specific SDGs that are most relevant for its strategy. Moreover, additional SDGs can be selected for specific investments.
Below are some examples of how investments are linked to specific SDGs.
- All portfolio companies
Affordable and clean energy
- Nydalen Energi
- Loviisan Lämpö
- Överturingen wind farm
Decent work and economic growth
- All portfolio companies