CapMan is a leading European investment and asset management company. We are always looking for top talent to join our team of private equity professionals.
Our open vacancies are listed on this page. In case you didn't find an open position suitable for your profile, you are welcome to send us an open application.
We are looking for a new talent.
to join the CapMan Real Estate finance team in Jyväskylä or Helsinki.
In your role you will work with financial reporting and administration of CapMan’s real estate funds and real estate investments in Finland and other Nordic countries. You will be part of the highly skilled CapMan Real Estate finance team and report to the finance manager. Your location will be either in our Jyväskylä or Helsinki office.
Your main responsibilities will include the following:
- Consolidation and group reporting of the named real estate funds managed by CapMan Real Estate
- Overall responsibility and ownership of financial reporting processes related to named real estate funds and investments
- Managing the audit processes of the named funds and investments
- Management reporting of the real estate funds and investments
- Assisting investment and asset management teams in property acquisition and disposal processes, including participation in due diligence processes and taking over acquired properties
- Providing decision-making support to investment and asset management teams to plan and execute value creation initiatives
- Participation in developing CapMan Real Estate’s reporting processes and systems and other financial administration processes.
The content and requirements of the job may be tailored to suit your profile and experience.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a person who enjoys being a controller and shows strong commitment to the task at hand. You need to have focus on details but at the same time be able to see the big picture. We appreciate hands-on attitude and good problem-solving skills as well as drive and willingness to continuously learn new. At times things may get hectic and then ability to handle pressure is also needed. However, even during the busiest of times we keep our spirits up and work together to get the job done. Therefore, we wish you to be a team player, too.
The following skills, competencies and experience will help you to succeed in the role:
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience from financial accounting and reporting
- Good understanding and practical experience on consolidated financial statements and group reporting
- Excellent command of Finnish GAAP
- Good understanding of IFRS reporting
- Good understanding of tax legislation (CIT, VAT, RE related taxes)
- Relevant experience from similar or corresponding tasks (e.g. from financial controlling or from big four audit firm)
- Experience in accounting information and reporting systems. Experience on real estate and real estate funds is appreciated but not mandatory
- University degree from relevant field of study (accounting, finance, business administration or like)
- Language skills: Finnish (native / fluent), English (fluent), good command of Swedish or other Scandinavian languages is considered a merit.
Join the winning team
We offer you an interesting position in a leading Nordic private equity company. You will be a part of a great team in a dynamic expert organization, where you will get a possibility to grow and challenge yourself in our fast-evolving real estate business.
If you recognize yourself as our new talent, please send your application, CV and salary request to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 7 October and title the message: “Controller CapMan Real Estate”. Also let us know whether you would be interested in working in Jyväskylä or Helsinki. Please act swiftly as the position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
For additional information on the position, please contact finance manager Jukka Taskinen, tel. +358 40 536 9945, on Friday 21 September at 13-14, Tuesday 25 September at 9-10 or Wednesday 3 October at 10-11.
CapMan Infra is now strengthening its operations by recruiting an
to join the CapMan Infra team in Helsinki.
CapMan Infra is a new investment area within CapMan, focusing on Nordic mid-cap infrastructure assets. The Infra team, which is based in Helsinki and Stockholm, applies a private equity mindset to infrastructure investing in the energy, transportation and telecom sectors. CapMan Infra has recently launched fundraising for CapMan Nordic Infrastructure I and added multiple high-caliber members to the team.
As an Investment Associate, you will use your skills in analysing potential new investment opportunities, participating in transactions alongside our team and external advisers, and in supporting the development of our portfolio companies. We are an entrepreneurial team and you will be given significant responsibility from day one.
The ideal candidate:
- has 2-4 years work experience in investment banking, private equity, management consulting or a similar role; in case of experience in the infrastructure sector, a candidate with a shorter work history can also be considered
- is a team player with strong drive and pro-actively takes initiative
- has strong academic background, is analytical and detail oriented and has good written and verbal presentation skills
- strong modelling skills and solid understanding of corporate finance incl. debt financing
- ability to deal with multiple projects simultaneously
- has excellent command of English and Finnish, other Nordic languages seen as an advantage
The Investment Associate position is a full-time permanent position and will be based in our Helsinki office in close cooperation with our Stockholm office. You will be working in a highly dynamic environment alongside the leading local team in the business and gain insight into the dynamic infrastructure sector, while developing your skills as an investment professional.
Send your CV and application to Executive Assistant Mia Laakso, email@example.com with “Investment Associate” in the subject field. For more information about CapMan and its operations please visit www.capman.com. For more information about the position, please contact Managing Partner Ville Poukka (+358 50 572 9120) or Senior Investment Manager Pekko Haaksluoto (+358 40 584 6031).
The position will be filled as soon as the right candidate is found.