Investment focus and strategy
CapMan Russia provides growth financing for Russian small and mid-sized enterprises. We have operated in the Russian private equity market since 1995 and are one of the strongest teams in Russia. We help our portfolio companies to pursue growth both in Russia and internationally. CapMan expanded its operations into the Russian market in May 2008 through the acquisition of Norum.
Where do we invest?
- Small and mid-sized enterprises operating in Russia
- Almost all sectors. We have invested in areas such as consumer goods and services, industry, telecommunications, transport and traffic, financial services, and the media
- Companies with a typical turnover of €5–100 million
- Companies with a typical enterprise value of €5–50 million
- Equity investments of €5–15 million
What do we look for?
- Clear growth potential organically or through acquisitions in Russia or internationally
- Investment opportunities in rural areas in particular
- Professional, entrepreneurially minded management teams committed to Western-style management practices
- Extensive experience of the Russian private equity market
- One of the few teams to emerge from the rouble crisis of 1998 successfully
- Strong networks across Russian provinces
How do we create value?
- We have a clear value creation plan for all our portfolio companies.
- We cooperate closely with companies’ management teams and key employees to achieve their performance targets.
- We take advantage of our strong networks across Russia to help our portfolio companies expand their business, either organically or through add-on acquisitions.
- Whenever possible, we utilise the knowledge and experience of the CapMan Advisory Network or external advisors in developing our portfolio companies.
- Our team has made investments in Russia since 1995
- CapMan expanded its operations into the Russian market in 2008 by acquiring Norum
- Nearly 40 investment, of which nearly 30 exited