CapMan Real Estate manages four private equity real estate funds, which invest in office, commercial, retail and hotel properties, in the Nordic countries. We have extensive experience in real estate investments in Finland and Sweden, and work in close cooperation with our tenants to continuously develop our properties.
What do we do?
- Investments in office, commercial, retail and hotel properties in the Nordic countries
- Controlling interest in mid-sized assets
- Opportunistic investments with value-add approach
Where do we invest?
Office – Buildings in established submarkets of capital cities, which offer tenants efficient space at attractive rents relative to CBD
Retail - Local dominant shopping centres, close to transport hubs, universities or leisure offerings: targets for necessity retailers seeking to consolidate into larger premises in growing catchment areas.
Residential - Apartment buildings in locations benefitting from long-term, sustainable urbanisation growth.
What do we look for?
- Well-located institutional quality assets that offer value-add upside
- Off-market transactions through local networks
- Dominant market position
- Solid cash-flow
- Multi-let configuration or options for alternative use
- Experienced local team based in Helsinki, Stockholm and London
- Benefits from the relative strength of the Nordic real estate markets
- Access to finance by Nordic banks
- Office and retail properties in the Nordic countries (Nordic fund)
- Hotel properties in Finland and Sweden (Hotel fund and Project-specific hotel fund)
- Property development targets in Finland (II fund)
- Commercial properties in the Helsinki metropolitan area (I fund)
CapMan Real Estate
- €670 million equity invested since 2005
- 60 investments, out of which over 30 exited (39 hotels = 1)