CapMan Buyout invests in unlisted Nordic mid-market companies in various industries. Our team has in-depth expertise in numerous sectors including manufacturing and engineering, industrial services, retail, outsourcing, and healthcare. The main targets set for our companies are growth, improved profitability and strengthened strategic position.
What do we do?
- Transform country leaders into Nordic market leaders
- Accelerate growth of winning businesses
- Energise spin-outs from large corporations
- Create institutional value in entrepreneurial companies
Where do we invest?
- Almost all industries across the Nordic region
- Unlisted Nordic mid-market companies with a positive cash flow
- Companies with typical net sales of €50–500 million
- Companies with an enterprise value typically between €50–250 million
- Equity investments typically €20–70 million and / or mezzanine investment typically €10–20 million per transaction
- Controlling positions
What do we look for?
- Competitive and sustainable market position
- Unique businesses with standout products and services
- Clear growth potential, both organically and through acquisitions
- Sectors experiencing consolidation or other major change
- Experienced, entrepreneurially minded management teams
How do we create value?
- We are actively involved in the strategic agenda and value creation roadmap in our portfolio companies.
- We are committed owners and work closely with management teams and key employees of our portfolio companies throughout the investment period.
- Our extensive network of people with long industrial experience complement our case team and provide additional in-depth knowledge for the benefit of our portfolio companies.
- 25 years of experience of operation in various sectors
- Local presence in Finland, Sweden and Norway
- Experience of different economical cycles
- Long-term and good relationships with Nordic banks
- Extensive buy-and-build experience
- Buyout investments in the Nordic countries since 1989
- More than 70 investments out of which over 50 exited
- 2.8x gross return on all investments since 2000